Partner/Spouse Visa

You can apply for a partner visa if you are in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

You can be in a married or de-facto relationship. For de-facto relationship, you will normally need to be in a de-facto relationship for at least 12 months.

The 12-month requirement will not apply if you can show us compelling and compassionate circumstances exist to grant the subclass 820 visa.

The 12-month requirement also will not apply if:

  • your partner holds or held a permanent humanitarian visa
  • your de facto relationship existed before we granted their visa
  • your de facto partner told us about the relationship before we granted their visa 

It also will not apply if you:

  • are in a de facto relationship with a partner who is an applicant for a permanent humanitarian visa, or
  • you have registered your relationship with an Australian authority such as a registry of births, deaths and marriages

We can help you in:

  • Onshore Partner Visa (820 and 801 Visa)
  • Offshore Partner Visa (309 and 100 Visa)
  • Prospective Marriage Visa (300 Visa)

Please contact us with your enquiries.